



Happy Mothers Day to all! I had a great one! My day started with a wonderful breakfast-bacon,eggs,hash browns etc... made by my sweet husband. Then at church Carys gave her 1st talk in primary and she was amazing! She has inspired me to be a better public speaker.... and I AM SERIOUS! She's 4. She gave a flawless talk, verbatim, smiled and was looking up etc.. did all the right things. Didn't need any help at all! She made me so proud and gave a beautiful talk about me :) and all Mothers. When we got home from church we had a little photo shoot outside compliments of LeGrand and here are some shots I love. I am so blessed to have such wonderful girls like Carys & Madison. And I'm so glad I have such a wonderful mother who has taught me how to be a great mom to my girls! I love you! Here is a saying about mothers that my grandma sent me. I love it, enjoy!!!
Mothers- This is for the mothers who have sat up all night with sick toddlers in> their arms, wiping up barf laced with Oscar Mayer wieners and cherry> Kool-Aid saying, "It's okay honey, Mommy's here."> > > > Who have sat in rocking chairs for hours on end soothing crying babies who> can't be comforted.> > > > This is for all the mothers who run carpools and make cookies and sew> Halloween costumes. And all the mothers who DON'T.> > > > This for the mothers who gave birth to babies they'll never see. And the> mothers who took those babies and gave them better homes.> > > > This is for the mothers whose priceless art collections are hanging on their> refrigerator doors.> > > > And for all the mothers who froze their buns on metal bleachers at football> or soccer games instead of watching from the warmth of their cars.> > > > And that when their kids asked, "Did you see me, Mom?" they could say, "Of> course, I wouldn't have missed it for the world," and mean it.> > > > This is for all the mothers who yell at their kids in the grocery store and> swat them in despair when they stomp their feet and scream for ice cream> before dinner. And for all the mothers who count to ten instead, but realize> how child abuse happens.> > > > This is for all the mothers who go hungry, so their children can eat.> > > > For all the mothers who read "Goodnight, Moon" twice a night for a year. And> then read it again. "Just one more time."> > > > This is for all the mothers who taught their children to tie their shoelaces> before they started school. And for all the mothers who opted for Velcro> instead.> > > > This is for all the mothers who teach their sons to cook and their daughters> to sink a jump shot.> > > > This is for every mother whose head turns automatically when a little voice> calls "Mom?" in a crowd, even though they know their own offspring are at> home -- or even away at college ~or have their own families.> > > > This is for all the mothers who sent their kids to school with stomach aches> assuring them they'd be just FINE once they got there, only to get calls> from the school nurse an hour later asking them to please pick them up.> Right away.> > > > This is for mothers whose children have gone astray, who can't find the> words to reach them.> > > > For all the mothers of the victims of recent school shootings, and the> mothers of those who did the shooting.> > > > For the mothers of the survivors, and the mothers who sat in front of their> TVs in horror, hugging their child who just came home from school, safely.> > > > This is for all the mothers who taught their children to be peaceful, and> now pray they come home safely from a war.> > > > What makes a good Mother anyway? Is it patience? Compassion? Broad hips?> > > > The ability to nurse a baby, cook dinner, and sew a button on a shirt, all> at the same time?> > > > Or is it in her heart?> > > > Is it the ache you feel when you watch your son or daughter disappear down> the street, walking to school alone for the very first time?> > > > The jolt that takes you from sleep to dread, from bed to crib at 2 A.M. To> put your hand on the back of a sleeping baby?> > > > The panic, years later, that comes again at 2 A.M. When you just want to> hear their key in the door and know they are safe again in your home?> > > > Or the need to flee from wherever you are and hug your child when you hear> news of a fire, a car accident, a child dying?> > > > The emotions of motherhood are universal and so our thoughts are for young> mothers stumbling through diaper changes and sleep deprivation... And mature> mothers learning to let go.> > > > For working mothers and stay-at-home mothers.> > > > Single mothers and married mothers.> > > > Mothers with money, mothers without.> > > > This is for you all. For all of us...> > > > Hang in there. In the end we can only do the best we can. Tell them every> day that we love them. And pray and never stop being a mom..> > > > Please pass along to all the Moms in your life.> > > > "Home is what catches you when you fall - and we all fall."> > > > Please pass this to a wonderful mother or mother figure you know.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Happy Mothers Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! Love you and your cute girls!!
What cute pictures of you and your girls! That was so sweet of LeGrand to make you breakfast!
Oh I forgot to say that Carys did so well on her 1st talk. That was so fun listening to her. She is so cute!! I think you should video tape it!
I had a wonderful Mother's Day! Thanks for the sweet tribute! You are a wonderful daughter too! I love you!!
Happy mothers day to you!! You are such a great mommy. Your girls look so cute all dressed up. And I love your new blog look!! Very cute!
I'm glad you had a great Mothers Day! Your pictures with your girls are so cute..you all looks amazing in them!
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! I love the pictures!
You all look so beautiful!! Love the pink dresses. You are such a great mom!!
Happy Mother's Day! I'm glad that you had a great day. Love the beautiful pictures.
You girls look so beautiful! I bet Carys did great, I can't believe she's already giving talks. They grow up so fast! Your girls are so sweet.
The pictures of you and the girls are so cute! What a sweet husband you have- that breakfast is sounding good right about now :)
You should frame that photo on top Stacey, it's flawless.
Post a Comment