Thursday, May 10, 2007

More SWIMMING!!






We had so much fun today in the pool! Mommy, Daddy, and Carys all got some sun except mommy burns and Daddy and Carys Tan! No fair! Miss Maddie was covered in sunscreen so she's not hurting like mommy's shoulders are.... Carys started swimming lessons this past Wed. and let me tell you, she cries almost the entire time! What do I do?! If anyone has a great secret to help a very "fearful of water" child let me know! So, needless to say we are practicing everyday in our pool to help her! She's great if shes in her floating baby boat, and if not she's a mess! Like I tell her, just hold your breath and it will be over soon! I should apply that to myself right!


3 comments:

Emily Evans said...

Looks like so much fun. I remember when Mike and I came swimming at your house we had a hard time getting Carys in the water, but she loved laying out. Good thing she tans! I'm sure she'll get over it. We miss you guys!

Webb Family said...

I remember Cody loving the water but, hated swim lessons! Every day got a little better. The rule was if he started crying I would have to watch him from the other side of the fence. That helped and lots of bribes!

Tiny Einstein's Preschool said...

Stacey, At least you were considerate of your children and married someone with color to his skin. Joey is as white as me, so our kiddos have no hope.

As far as swim lessons go, just don't let her quit.I am sure her teacher is used to crying and even expects it from half of the youngsters. Besides once she starts preschool, or anything else you put her in she will think she just has to cry and mommy won't make her go anymore. Besides swim lesson are soooooooo important, especially with a pool in your backyard.