Sunday, June 21, 2009

Lisbon, Portugal!

The first Castle we visited in Sintra

A view from the plane right before we landed

These two girls had it made on the flights..... #1 travelers


Madison in Caiscas with the big sand castle her grandpa made her
Carys made 2 friends from England and they showed her the ropes to catching crabs


The beach we were at was beautiful




My little Madison is a ham.... What a poser!

More amazing, very old buildings in Lisbon





Across from our hotel was this.... the girls loved it and had to have their pictures on it.

The Moorish castle we hiked all over and on..... you notice grandpa with Madison on his shoulders!





I LOVED all of the Hydrangeas in Portugal! They were everywhere! I'd be in heaven living there....my favorite flowers!



Princess Carys at her Castle





This Castle in Sintra was amazing! Look at the Royalty!




Our train ride to Sintra from Lisbon, about 45mins tops, not bad.....

This building was just restored and they have bull fights every Thursday there.

The first time we ordered Milk. I didn't realize when he asked me if we wanted fresh- he really gave us fresh as in sour/hot probably just milked a goat/cow and brought us the milk-yuck!
We loved all the cobblestone roads with a grid or design in them.....very beautiful!


They had these cool seats in many different bright colors downtown that the girls loved



On are way to dinner we found this park filled with peacocks

This park right around the corner of our hotel was a big hit, isn't this swing great?! We had so much fun in Portugal and YES, we will go back again. The city is so beautiful/safe/the people are so, so, so nice/helpful. Everyone has major style going on...I think it's a requirement in Europe....We saw as much as we could in under a week but really want to see more. I love the Portuguese people! They freely help you to where you are going by practically taking you there! Also, at dinner when our waitress delivered our food (the girls were splitting a pork chop) she literally cut up every bite for my girls!?! Just to be nice! That would never happen here! Amazing!

8 comments:

Kristine Thompson said...

OH MY GOSH - Your pictures are amazing! That looks so gorgeous! What an awesome trip, how fun. Very cute of you guys! I am so jealous. Looks like it was wonderful! :)

Cheryl said...

So fun to see all the pictures! Wow I can't believe we were able to do so much in the time we were there. It was wonderful! I loved Sintra with the cobblestone roads, castles, palaces and beautiful green rolling hills. It was truely an amazing place and I would love to go there again!

Julie Rae said...

What an AWESOME trip! You got some great pictures for your little girls to have when they are older. They are little world travelers now! I can't wait to hear all about your trip.

Full House said...

fun....You finally made it over to that part of the world.

Your Mom was telling me about wanting to go over there but didn't want to go if you didn't.

She was a little frightened of making the trip after the whole Air France thing.

Glad you went and glad you remembered the eye covers for the girls.

talk soon

Anna said...

What a great experience! I LOVE international travel. It's the best to experience different cultures and see beautiful areas all over the world.

Whitney said...

So fun!!! Im absolutely jealous. Your girls are so cute.

Jessie said...

Words do not describe how jealous I am! This looks like the most amazing vacation. I would love to visit and learn about all of these places. And of course, your pictures are amazing!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Beautiful! Hey girl, if you love hydrangeas, you need to visit the North Island of New Zealand any time from October to March. They have the most beautiful flowers there all summer, and hydrangeas grow wild in alot of places. Alot of the drives to remote beaches have them all over the place. It is amazing! I am sure you have already been, but if you haven't, it's a great one for the list of "Someday".